Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wednesday, Feb. 4

Yesterday went quite well...for the most part. My day got off to a bit of a rocky start with two students having a bit of a blow-out in my morning PE class. Needless to say, we got it under control and things seemed to be much better today.

We have been playing a mixture of various types of Ultimate games this week and I think the reception of the new games has been a mixed bag. The kids who work hard, participate and try to have fun seem to really like the games and I enjoy watching them have a good time. Other students who walk around and keep muttering to me and the other kids how bored they are, find the games to be quite lame. When I hear this I find the game and class time to take much longer.

My goal for the class time is for the students to learn a variety of skills, get exercise and find some time to socialize with their friends.

After school, it being a Wednesday, the 9th grade basketball players had the day off, so myself and Kolten Lee played against the varsity team during the scrimmages. We got some great exercise and had fun schoolin' the guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment